Oracle public cloud simplifies the process of deploying your application and keep it running without much of a headache specially if you don’t have full fledged IT team to maintain the application.You need to register for Oracle Cloud Java Trial account with the below url.
Once the trial activation is done, you will receive username/password to login to identity console(Probably in your junk email :) )
Let us go over the steps in detail.
1) Create your ADF Application in JDeveloper 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124 is the only jdev that supports oracle cloud deployment as of now)
2) Select the Oracle Cloud like below for the Model project
3) Select the Oracle Cloud like below for the Viewcontroller project
4) Lets create a simple dummy jspx page to run on the cloud
5) Lets deploy to the Oracle cloud now..
5) Here is the deployment log
6) Now you need to use the right url to test your page in the browser.
8) Once the entered credentials are passed, you will be able to view the page.
In this article, we have seen how simple is to deploy an adf application to the cloud right from your jdeveloper.But how do we the deployment of an ADF app which connects to the database.Well, that is my next article on this series precisely.